- 1 1/4 cup Sukari dates, pitted
- 1 cup pecans, ground + 30 whole pecans
- 1 cup almonds, ground
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 155°C and line a 15 cm springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, soak the dates in hot water on medium heat until soft. In a highspeed blender, mix the dates until the texture is creamy and completely smooth. Combine the date paste with coconut oil, vanilla extract and salt.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites. Add the yolks to the date mixture and mix until smooth.
- Add ground pecans, almonds and baking powder and mix until well combined.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg whites until it forms peaks. Fold in very delicately with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer the batter into the pan and cover the cake with the whole pecans.
- Bake for 40-45min or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting into slices.
Photo & Recipe by Breakfast&Bowls