Oriental Chicken Yakitoris
Preparation time: 15 minutes / Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 400g chicken fillet
- 12 Sukari dates
- 100ml orange flower water (can be found in the pastry aisle)
- 50ml soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Salt and pepper
- Coconut oil
1) Remove the pits from the dates (or better yet: use pitted Sukari cooking dates). In a mixer, mash the dates to a coarse paste. Transfer the paste to a cooking pot with the orange flower water, balsamic vinegar, cinnamon and soy sauce. Let stew for ten minutes on low heat.
2) Press the mass through a sieve/colander. Transfer the juice to a saucepan and let simmer for five minutes. Then remove the pan from the heat. Add salt and pepper.
3) Cut the chicken into small cubes and put them on wooden skewers.
4) Heat some oil in a pan. Brown the skewers. With a brush, glaze them on all sides with the date juice.
5) Serve with saffron rice and decorate with date cubes, pistachio and pomegranate.
For all our recipes, we recommend our e-shop product “Palmyra Cooking” as these Sukari dates are soft, pitted and ready to use.