Chocolate & Orange Raw Mini Cheescakes
Recipe for 6 mini cheesecakes
- 1/2 cup raw Brazil nuts
- 1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 4 Sukari soft cooking dates
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao nibs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp raw cashew butter
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 3 cup cashews, soaked for 6h
- 1 + 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3/4 cup almond milk (preferably homemade)
- 1 + 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 + 1/4 cup sukari soft cooking dates, chopped
- 1 + 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 + 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 3/4 cup raw cacao butter, melted
*Optional: kumquats, orange powder, and edible flowers for decoration.
1. Process base ingredients until a loose dough forms.
2. Scoop dough into your muffin or cheesecake pan and firmly press down with fingers (I used silicone molds)
3. Let sit in the freezer until firm up.
4. To prepare filling, add drained & rinsed cashews, orange juice, almond milk, chopped sukari dates, cacao powder, orange zest, vanilla extract, and salt to your blender and blend until very smooth. Depending on your taste, you can add the extra maple syrup if you like sweeter.
5. Stream melted cacao butter (make sure it’s at room temperature)
6. Pour filling over bases, tap a few times, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze for at least 3h.
7. Store the remaining chocolate cream refrigerated in an airtight container to use later for decorations.
8. Remove cheesecakes from molds at least one hour before serving and let defrost in the refrigerator.
9. Dust with orange powder (optional) and pipe reserved filling using a star tip.
10. Decorate with kumquat slices and edible flowers.