Coconut & Date Cake
Try this irresistible recipe for a coconut & date cake with a slightly caramelized crust and chocolate topping. Delicious!
- 90g grated coconut
- 170g date paste
- 180ml coconut milk
- 150g coconut oil (at room temperature)
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 150g flour
- 50g ground almonds
- 1/2 bag baking powder
- 100g chocolate of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- In a food processor, mix the grated coconut with the crumbled date paste and the coconut milk until the mixture is smooth. Put aside in a separate bowl.
- Mix the coconut oil and the eggs with the robot until the mixture is creamy. Add the coconut-date paste-mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, almonds and baking powder. Add it gently to the other mixture. Pour the dough into a greased cake pan and bake for 50 minutes. From time to time, check the cake with the tip of a knife.
- For the icing, melt the chocolate in a bain-marie and pour it over the cooled cake. Put the cake in a cool place before eating.