Have you already tried our newest date variety, Astaka? These delicious, juicy dates inspired this recipe for apple cupcakes topped with a cream made from Astaka dates. Using these dates, we have been able to completely replace the conventional sugar usually used in ganaches. We hope you like our delicious cupcakes just as much as we do!
Recipe for 12 cupcakes / preparation time 30 minutes
For the cream:
- 300 g Astaka dates
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
For the cupcakes:
- 80 g soft butter
- 1 plain yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 220 g small spelt (Einkorn) flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ sachet baking powder
- 1 apple
Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- For the cream, first peel and pit the dates. Then mix all the ingredients until the cream is smooth. Fill into an icing bag and put in the fridge.
- In the bowl of the food processor, mix butter, yoghurt, eggs and sugar. Slowly add the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cut the apple into small pieces and add to the mixture.
- Fill cupcake molds to ¾ with the dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Take out and let cool down.
- Decorate the cupcakes with the date cream and enjoy immediately! (You won’t be able to wait..!)
Recipe and photo: Magalie de Preux – Nawaï Li