Dates and chocolate vegan muffins
-1 ¼ cups finely chopped dates
– 1 cup water
– ¾ tsp baking soda
- – ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- – ½ cup oat flour
- – ¼ cup + 2 tbsps cocoa powder
- – 1 tsp baking soda
- – 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- – ½ cup oat milk (or other plantbased milk)
- – 2 mashed ripe bananas
- – 1 tbsp liquid coconut oil
- – 1 tbsp nut butter
- – ¼ cup chocolate chips (optional, but it makes them more chocolatey !)
- “1tsp vanilla essence
- Grease a muffin pan (it makes approx. 9 muffins) with coconut oil and preheat your oven to 180c
- Put the dates and the water in a pan on medium heat. When it’s boiling, add the baking soda and stir to ‘’break’’ the dates. Let simmer a little bit until it looks like a date paste. Add a little bit of water if it looks too dry. Then, set the mixture aside.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and add the wet ingredients to them (including the date paste!). Stir until heavenly combined, but not too much and add the chocolate chips.
- Put the mixture into you muffin pan and bake for 20-22 minutes. A knife should come out clean!
- Let cool a little moment and enjoy !