Cereal Bars with Dates
- 1 cup pitted Sukari dates (200g)
- 1 cup oats (135g)
- ¼ cup puffed oats (optional) (20g)
- ¼ cup buckwheat (60g)
- ½ cup nuts or seeds of your choice (70g)
- 3 tbsps maple syrup (40g)
- 2 tbsps peanut butter or other nut butter (40g)
- Roast the oats, the puffed oats, and all the nuts in the oven at 170° C until golden (approx. 15 minutes)
- Mix the dates in a blender or a food processor until the consistency is smooth and dough-like
- Place the dates in a bowl with all the dry ingredients.
- Warm the maple syrup and the peanut butter at low heat until well combined. Add that to the other ingredients and stir (do it with your hands, it’s easier, but sticky!).
- Transfer the mixture to a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Spread evenly on it and let it cool in the fridge before slicing.
The bars are super healthy and you can double the recipe and freeze them in order to always have some ready!