A recipe that takes us on a journey with its well-balanced sweet and salty flavors.
- 1 small cup coral lentils
- 1 small cup basmati rice
- 1 onion
- 2 small potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 handful of spinach
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp date syrup
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry
- Cook rice as indicated on the package.
- Meanwhile, grate the carrot, cut the potatoes into tiny cubes, rinse and cut the spinach coarsely and slice the onion.
- In a small skillet, brown the onions with a little olive oil. Add the potatoes and lentils and simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the carrot and mix. Pour in the coconut milk and then the tomato paste, add spices, salt and pepper. Cover and let simmer until the dhal is well cooked.
- Add the spinach at the last moment (to avoid overcooking) then the date syrup, mix.
Serve in two pretty bowls and it’s ready!
Photo & recipe: Nawaï Li