Ingredients for the base:
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 7 Sukari soft cooking dates, chopped
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients for lemon cream:
- 1 cup + 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 6h
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. In a food processor, pulse the nuts and the chopped Sukari dates together until broken down and combined.
2. Add the remaining ingredients for the base and process a few times to form a dough.
3. Line a 18 cm tart pan with plastic wrap and press to form an even layer.
4. Place into the freezer while preparing the lemon cream.
5. Rinse the cashews and drain them very well.
6. Blend all ingredients together (except coconut oil and) in a high-speed blender until perfectly smooth. Feel free to adjust the ingredients to your taste (for example: adding more lemon juice
if you want to maximize the citrus flavor)
7. Stream the melted coconut oil into the mixture.
8. Pour the filling over the crust, cover with plastic wrap, and place it again in the freezer for at least 3 hours. Save the cream leftovers in the fridge to use it later to decorate the tart.
9. Before serving, allow the tart to defrost for 1hour in the fridge and decorate with strawberry slices and lemon cream in the center.